Personal Information Protection Policy
President and Representative Director
Kubota Corporation (“Kubota”) takes your privacy seriously. Kubota understands transparency and respect are foundational aspects of longstanding relationships and, therefore, takes every reasonable effort to protect the information you provide to us.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
We refer to personal data according to the following definition:
🐎“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA
🌞Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Kubota. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Kubota, we are not responsible for the websites’ content (including an ‘cookies’ used on that website), any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of linked websites.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR DATA
Categories of data we collect about you
- Physical Location and Contact Information (name, mailing address, email address, phone number, fax number, customer ID, and language contact preferences)
- Relationship Information (information regarding your inquiries, purchases, regional location and previous transactions)
- Product and Use Information (product use purpose, product condition and machine operation data (including machine location and PIN (product identification number) of machine, etc). In terms of other product and use information, we would contact you for additional consent. You are also able to opt-out at any time.)
- Information we collect online. We collect personal data by using automated means, such as cookies and by using the Dealer Locator. The information we collect in these manners include: IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, GPS and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets. Our websites use Google Analytics (“Google Analytics”), a web analytics service provided by Google and undertake anonymization of your personal data to perform data analyses.
How we process collected data
The purpose for collecting and processing data
- Fulfilment of Your Request. When you use our inquiry, contest or survey functionality on our websites, we may use submitted information in conjunction with other information we have about you to supply you with relevant product and service offerings to better respond to your specific product or service inquiries or respond to complaints. If using the Dealer Locator, your information may be provided to our distributors, dealers to satisfy your request.
- Marketing and Promotions. Kubota may use information you provide through transactions and through our websites to market new products and services to you. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, we would contact you for additional consent. You also are able to opt-out at any time. For this purpose, you will find out additional information available in the section on your rights.
- Customer Service and Support. We collect and use information about you to support our customer service and support activities or related transactions. This can include, but is not limited to, warranty services, financing or purchasing, product delivery and maintenance support.
- Ordinary Business Purpose. We collect and use information about you to conduct our ordinary business activities or related transactions. This can include, but is not limited to, engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, construction, logistics and other relevant business activities.
- Performance Improvements. We also use the personal data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, doing research, and improvement of website content and functionality.
Legal Basis for Processing
- In certain cases, Kubota may ask for your consent to collect and process your personal data. Should you choose to provide your consent or if you have previously provided it, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “How to contact us” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred or which is being undertaken under any of the applicable other basis set out below.
- In other instances, the processing of your personal data may be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt-out of this processing, or your choice to opt-out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In still other instances, Kubota may process your personal data based on Kubota’s legitimate interests in relation to our products, services and supports, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt-out of all such processing of your personal data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “How to contact us” section.
- In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable laws, it may also occur that processing of your personal data is deemed necessary for pubic or vital interest.
4. REASONS FOR SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Distributors, dealers, business partners who provide some portion of our products, and service providers to provide products and services relating to the sale of Kubota products, internal company processes or the servicing of your accounts or transactions
- Marketing partners, to market to you directly if you have provided your consent for that purpose.
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates, to the extent legally allowed.
- Auditors, regulators and other entities, where legally required as needed to protect our rights or property in connection with the sale of assets and/or the company.
- Any third parties that we may share your data with those obligations to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures.
5. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- access to your personal data processed by Kubota. Namely you can obtain confirmation that we hold personal data about you, request access to and receive information about the personal data we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal data we maintain about you.
- request correction, update and deletion of personal data
- object, for legitimate reasons, to your personal data being processed;
- object to your personal data being used for prospecting purposes, including in particular commercial purposes (marketing);
- withdraw any consent declaration given through the website or in any other manner (if any) with effect for the future at any time, and to access the wording of such consent declaration at any time.
7. CHILDREN`S PRIVACY
8. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
9. HOW WE HOLD AND PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
The security of your personal data is important to Kubota. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. These safeguards are intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information you provide to us. We periodically assess risks to your information and update our policies, procedures and technology accordingly.
Kubota stores personal data only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal data is collected, unless otherwise required or authorized by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal data if required by law or if the personal data is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
📖No data transmission over the Internet or otherwise can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your information, Kubota cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us online. You transmit all such information at your own risk.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
- Chief Privacy Officer
Kubota Holdings Europe B.V.
2153LR Nieuw-Vennep The Netherlands